Veris was founded by Jeffrey Wallace and began operations in October 2005. Jeffrey remains the current president. After a varied and successful business career, which included the sale of a previous consulting firm (AGTI West Inc. in which Jeffrey was a partner) to CGI Group Inc., Jeffrey initially was progressing a new business course, but was contacted by a company to assist them with a “problem project”.
Hence, Veris was created to serve a vital need in the business community. A “premium” consulting company focused on customer business results.
Veris occupies a market position between the large full spectrum consulting firms and the contracted staff augmentation firms. Many times Veris assignments include the management of the larger consulting firms on behalf of the client, often as an overall integration management service.
Since its inception, Veris has expanded from 2 people in November 2005 to over 40 people as of July 2011. Over the past 5 fiscal years the Company has realized considerable growth. After the first year, which saw exponential growth, the firm has grown by roughly 20% per annum under a careful balance of increased demand and maintenance of its goals and quality.
The Company has a strong and highly experienced team of practitioners and a client base that includes such diverse organizations as the City of Calgary, Alberta Health Services, Marks, ATCO Corporation, SMART Technologies, Fortis Alberta, West Canadian and Parts Canada.
In March 2016, Veris was acquired by Gevity Consulting Inc., an informatics and management consulting company offering a full range of professional services to clients seeking to build sustainable and effective health and social services systems. Through their focus on the unique needs of the health and social service sectors, they work to support healthier lives through connected systems. Their growing network of branch offices offers a unique combination of local expertise with global know-how. Please visit Gevity to learn more about their history and services.
Why We Exist
Veris was created to serve a vital need in the business community. Our contacts and clients told us they wanted to work with a “premium” consulting company focused on their business results – period! They were tired of paying a premium while still having to manage the people and outcomes themselves.
Veris Exists To Deliver Results
From our deep experience we established the hallmarks of our consulting services:
- In every assignment, we are focused on the clients business results – this is facilitated by all our processes, most especially Value Management (based in part on the book by John Thorpe: The Information Paradox¹).
- We are independent from solutions suppliers – the recommendations we make remain objective and reliable.
- Our approaches are pragmatic and outcome oriented – we will never sell a client the latest fad.
- All of our consultants will possess the soft skills necessary to avoid disruptions to a client’s staff and processes.
- All of our consultants will have the business acumen to see the big picture outside of the immediate task at hand.